Diaconate of Christ Church of Arlington
Mission Statement: The mission of CCA’s Diaconate is to point people to Christ through the ministry of mercy. To do this, the Diaconate will strive to:
- equip and empower those who are willing to engage in CCA’s Christian community to meet their own material needs and mend broken relationships with themselves, others, and God;
- build meaningful and lasting relationships with those who approach the Diaconate for assistance;
- and encourage members of the congregation to have compassion for, and invest in, those who have current and/or ongoing material needs.
How we accomplish our mission:
- Coming alongside members and visitors to CCA to help them walk through challenging times.
- Coordinating opportunities for CCA members to care for each other.
- Coordinating opportunities for CCA members and regular attenders to volunteer in the Arlington community.
- Providing oversight of the Arlington Turkey Trot.
- Providing oversight of the CCA physical church facility.
Ministries and Non-profits in Our 2019 Focus:
- Arlington Food Assistance Center (“AFAC”): AFAC is a community-based non-profit that provides supplemental groceries to Arlingtonians in need.
- Arlington Street People’s Assistance Network (“A-SPAN”): A-SPAN’s mission is to secure permanent housing and provide life-sustaining services for Arlington’s most vulnerable individuals through outreach and relationships built on trust and respect.
- Arlington Thrive: Arlington Thrive is the only organization in Arlington County whose purpose is to provide same-day, emergency financial assistance to County residents who experience sudden financial crisis such as temporary unemployment or illness.
- Bridges to Independence (“Bridges”): Bridges helps families in Arlington, who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, by equipping them with skills and opportunities to live independent lives.
- Offender Aid and Restoration (“OAR”): OAR is a community-based restorative justice organization that blends compassion and accountability to assist offenders in leading productive and responsible lives, to the benefit of the whole community.
- Young Life South Arlington: Young Life ministers to kids in diverse cultural communities and economically-depressed areas by operating clubs and camps to connect kids with adults who care about them.